Friday, 16 March 2012

When Chef Wan goes vulgar

dear diary, I still remember well the composure of the anchorman when he read the main headline on the 8 pm news at TV3 many years ago just days before the Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth game was to be started,  our Deputy Prime Minister was arrested.
I was shocked and so does the other Malaysian during that time, I believed so.  I was full of questions and when Anwar Ibrahim again appeared in public with black eyes, I was very angry that such an injustice was being done against a man like him.
That was what happening and later on I began to learn something about this man when slowly I recalled back many years before when I have my first credit card, the masterringgit.
During the budget presentation, Anwar the finance minister at that time introduced a measure to curb dependency on credit card by increasing the monthly payment from 5% to 10%. And that was when a lot of urban poor government servant like me suffered.
And then, it was all history and we learnt many things about Anwar and it changed our perception forever.
And then I linked my FB with our celebrity chef, Chef Wan.  I was in a state of embarrassment every time I read his status. It was unbecoming of such a high profile figure in our entertainment industry to have such vulgar words in his wall.
He was condemning his opposite the fences’ fans whom he thought was making a blasphemy about him and was imagining that if only Chef Wan was a politician, he would easily had driven his supporters on the street just like what Anwar had done.
And in between our present Prime Minister, and former Prime Minister (Tun) Mahathir if they were to condemn those commentary in their FBs, our country would be turned into a police state.  It was such a different approach of professionalism and I was wondering if Chef Wan do really have a professional status.
Tomorrow, I pray and hope that KL would not be in a turbulent state in view of Anwar judgment will be delivered.  Though we are far apart those happening had so much impact on our daily life.
As such, life goes on here, as usual the morning rush to school and office stuck in a hiccup traffic jam and dear diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment