dear diary, I remembered too well this noise. It was the final days of our cadet training at Officer Cadet School at Kem Segenting, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan somewhere in August 1987.
The hell banging sound was the same like that day when we do our CIW warfare game atop a hill overlooking the Strait of Malacca. That night was real hell when our instructors launches a mock attack upon us from down the hill with machine gun fires, smoke bombs and fire play into the sky above our head.
It was real scary though, it was not a real war but the way they made it, its look like a war is raging on with those noises of loud explosions, and the smoke. The only word that comes out of me during that moment was, please mum get me out of here with my hand on my steel GI helmet and deep inside my foxhole.
Tonight when our fellows Malaysian celebrate the coming of the Lunar year, they do the noises again to welcome the dragon. And the sounds were just the same but nobody was inside the foxholes now.
And not so many years ago, when I was in the meeting for the forthcoming celebration of state level National Day celebration. A two star general was real upset when the committee decides to a firework display as the highlight of the event. I remember too well also when the general said, we fought during the insurgency and the bans is still on, to agree to this decision is like betraying the battle my soldiers have been believing in.
And dear diary, tonight while I enjoy the wonderful display of firework in the sky with Danish, I was asking myself also, are they defiant or sheer ignorant of the laws..
No comments:
Post a Comment