Friday, 16 March 2012

In memory...Ismail Rabee

dear diary,  I went to attend the funeral of allahyarham Ismail Haji Rabaee today and can’t held back my tears soon after the recitation of the talkin was over.
I can’t understand why I shed tears and didn’t even realised about it until I felt some warm droplets on my wet arm, it was a slight drizzle at the time too.  Suddenly I found out that I was crying and my mood went down just like the weather too.  I have lost a great friend.
He was not only just a friend, but  a “brother” to me that started to become part of my journey into the man’s world.
Today, at his passing those memories keep on flashing back, the laughter when he cracked his joke, the drop jaw when he snarled back and the blues when he blew his non nonsense sermons.
But during those years, I never thought that he would have so much impact on me like what I felt this evening.  If only I knew about it, I would have valued so much of those wonderful years with him during the rain and shine.  And today I would be very proud to have it treasured here inside my heart that I have been his friend, a man that will never let you down even in the time when you have nowhere to go.
Thank you Mael, you are alone now, but my prayers and my Yassin will go with you.  Our memories will lingered on, and dear diary, again….al fatehah..

No comments:

Post a Comment